LOCATION AND DIRECTIONS
Located fifteen minutes from Vernon BC, Icelandic Horse World is accessed by two airports, VIA Rail and the Coquihalla & TransCanada highways.
How to get to Icelandic Horse World
Guests can fly to the nearest airport, Kelowna International Airport, which handles regularly scheduled flights from Seattle on Alaskan Air, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver with Air Canada or West Jet. An airporter bus can take you from the airport to Vernon for $24 CAD and we can pick you up in Vernon.
The least expensive way for parties of two or more to get to Icelandic Horse World is to rent a car in the major portal city you land in - Seattle, Spokane and Vancouver or such. The drive from Vancouver takes about 5 hours and is 441 km (275 mi).
For large parties, the airporter can bring a group for $84 CAD (per group) from Vernon to Icelandic Horse World by appointment.
Directions from the Kelowna International Airport:
- Turn right at HWY 97 when leaving the airport (48.1 km)
- A couple of kilometres after Vernon, take the ramp to HWY 97 (0.4 km)
- Turn left at HWY 97 (5.6 km)
- Turn left at Westside Rd (13.6 km)
- Turn right at Six Mile Creek Rd by the Little Kingdom corner store (6.4 km)
- After you cross a cattle guard, turn left at Icelandic Horse World (Fitjaymri Icelandic Horses sign)
442 Six Mile Creek Road
V1H 2H1, Canada